Sunday, March 27, 2011

Smitten for this Kitchen






My friend Caroline showed me this blog and I immediately fell in love with everything I saw. Smitten Kitchen is a blog run by a woman Deb and her husband. The blog has been around since 2006, and offers everything from recipes to conversion charts. Deb is an amazing chef. She has made her own Goldfish crackers, Pina Colada cake, broiled mussels, and many more. The photography is beautiful, so beautiful that Deb sells prints.

While home over break, Caroline and I made Deb's blueberry crumb bars. A non chef, I was shocked at how easy it was to make them. Making the bars was simply a matter of making the crumb mix out of flour, butter, an egg, sugar, and lemon zest. I promise you, if I say it was easy, then it was really easy. Though we were supposed to wait for it to cool after baking in the oven so that we could cut it into bars, Caroline and I scooped some out of the pan. It was delicious, piping hot, sweet, but not too sweet. If I were to make this recipe again, I would add sliced almonds to the crumble, which I felt was a little bit flat and texture-less.

Check out Smitten Kitchen. With over four years worth of recipes, you're bound to find something that you want to try!

http://smittenkitchen.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment