Monday, March 21, 2011

Raw Food


Over Spring Break I went to Montreal. In my opinion one of the best parts about traveling is trying new food. On our last night my friends and I went to Crudessence; a restaurant that serves only raw, vegan, and organic food.

I ordered the lasagna, "layers of zucchini slices, sun dried tomato sauce, and macadamia nut "rawcotta" garnished with crumesan and served with cesar salad. The crumesan was definitely the standout component of this dish. It had a distinctive nutty taste but it also tasted quite cheesy. Out of all the food we ordered I would say my dish tasted the most like its non-vegan counterpart.

Overall Crudessence was an amazing dining experience! It was my first experience with raw food and I really enjoyed the opportunity to try several different dishes. That being said, I already want to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment