Saturday, March 19, 2011

Fresh Salsa and Guacamole


For spring break I went to Puerto Rico. The native people are so welcoming, the beaches are beautiful and the men are gorgeous! But this blog is about food. Saying that, the food was amazing! A lot of the meals contain meat. I noticed that Puerto Ricans really like to incorporate beef and pork into their dishes. The day we arrived to the hotel, I wasn’t in the mood for anything with meet so I ordered guacamole with salsa and plantain chips. After that day, I ordered that meal every day for lunch! The guacamole was so fresh! The salsa which was fresh tomatoes, cilantro and onions was mouth-watering. It made me feel ashamed for eating canned or grocery store salsa. The cilantro, onions, and tomatoes perfectly complemented each other. I may attempt to make the guacamole and salsa, but I fear that it will not be as delicious. The plantain chips were freshly made. They were still hot as they server brought them out. Hopefully, I will be able to find another restaurant that can make fresh guacamole and salsa like the restaurant in Puerto Rico. I guess until then I will sadly stick to grocery store salsa.


1 comment:

  1. Guacamole is so easy to make! Just mash up an avocado with lemon juice and garlic and salt! You can add other stuff, too--tomatoes, onions, etc.--but the basic easy is great, too. My kids love it.

    ReplyDelete