Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sexy Food Mascots


So here's the link to the article I mentioned in class today: The Top 5 Sexiest Food Mascots. Sadly, the Jolly Green Giant does not make the list. In fact, no male mascots do. Each image in the slide show provides a picture of the mascot, along with a story of how that mascot came to be and why she is so sexy.

Seeing these images made me realize how objectification of the female body reaches even to animated women and inanimate objects. For instance, follow the link to see the mascot for Sunmaid Raisins. She is fairly voluptuous and walks in such a way that her hips sway sexily from side to side. The mascots also fulfill a potential desire for different cultures or ethnicity with the Chiquita Banana girl and the Land o' Lakes girl. Finally, I don't know if I'll ever be able to bite the candy coating off a green M&M again without thinking that I'm stripping their sexiest mascot.

I guess this further shows that sex sells - especially when it comes to food.

http://foodbeast.com/content/2011/04/21/top-5-sexiest-food-mascots/6/

No comments:

Post a Comment