Sunday, April 24, 2011

Kitchen-Sick

While I definitely miss my family sometimes I think I miss my kitchen even more. Whenever I go home I go through the entire contents of the fridge and pantry marveling at all the different foods I can eat. It's so nice to be able to make my own meals instead of relying on the dining halls! Since it's Easter Weekend I thought I'd share one of my favorite Easter recipes with you guys.

Scalloped Pineapple

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup butter
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 4 eggs, beaten
  • 1/4 cup milk
  • 4 cups white bread cubes
  • 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple

Preparation:

Cream together butter, sugar, and eggs. Stir in remaining ingredients and blend well. Place in a buttered 11x7-inch baking dish; bake at 375° for 15 minutes, then at 350° for about 50 to 60 minutes.
Serves 6 to 8.


My mom has made this every Easter since I can remember and it's always my favorite side dish. I think my mom first had it at a church potluck and since then it has long been a family favorite. It may sound like a strange combination of flavors, but, it's delicious! The closest thing I can compare it to is a sweeter, less savory bread pudding. We've always had it with ham but it'd also be delicious with ice cream!

1 comment:

  1. this is SO funny, my mom makes this exact same recipe every easter as well! (we also eat it with ham)

    ReplyDelete